Help! Something Is Killing My Chickens!!

chicken112

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 12, 2010
something is coming to sort of play with my chicks, there are marks where it has skidded and where the chicks have gone under the hutch and the predator has been trying to dig it way under. It never eats them, it just sometimes gets some feathers of them, but it just plays with them and jumps fences and sometimes breaks them. PLease help me, what is killing them
also we have ruled out foxes because it would have taken some. We have dogs as well. hope you can help!!

It could be weasels. Weasels will play with them more than eat them. If any are missing heads that is a sure sign of a weasel. It could also be cats.
A coon would eat them.

well i have 5 cats but that doesnt explane the broken fences and there is not one mark on the chicks, they all have there heads too!

i have been having chicken killed every few days. a coon i think. the internal organs and the meat is eaten. i have a live trap out at night. i will catch something some time.

Not a fox.Fox can make several kill's in a night and rarely leave prey.They will bury animal's for later consumption.If you live near water could possible be a weasel.Maybe a neigbor's cat or even dog.We had 20 duck's and one turkey just killed and left once and finaly found out 2 black lab's were just killing for sport.Hope you find your critter.I have 2 fox, more new coyote and A new racoon here grrrrr.One sign of racoons is torn wire or pen's they will work the wire to get in.

Back
Top Bottom