Help .. squirrel attack and injured my duck in cage

Are you positive it wasn't a weasel? It is common for them to attack fowl and they're more predatory than squirrels. I enlarged the video on my computer screen, and all I could discern was what looked like its head popping up.

Are you positive it wasn't a weasel? It is common for them to attack fowl and they're more predatory than squirrels. I enlarged the video on my computer screen, and all I could discern was what looked like its head popping up.
Not sure ..but look like squirrel ,zoom in you will see how he attacks her and jumps on her neck, then she sit down and he’s ripping her flash, while she’s sitting😭

Not sure ..but look like squirrel ,zoom in you will see how he attacks her and jumps on her neck, then she sit down and he’s ripping her flash, while she’s sitting😭
I was able to see it better today (recently had surgery on both eyes) and if you watch when she turns around away from the camera, you can see the narrow (rather than bushy) tail dragging behind her. It does look to be a weasel, and that's exactly how they attack as they are carnivores with fangs. I'm surprised it didn't bite your duck's neck or throat. So glad it didn't.

You can trap it in a humane rat trap baited with canned cat food or tuna. Cover the trap with something like a feed sack to disguise it and place it in a sheltered spot against the outside of your pen. Place your bait as far as possible inside the trap (but not where the weasel can reach it with a paw from the outside.

How is your girl doing today?

I was able to see it better today (recently had surgery on both eyes) and if you watch when she turns around away from the camera, you can see the narrow (rather than bushy) tail dragging behind her. It does look to be a weasel, and that's exactly how they attack as they are carnivores with fangs. I'm surprised it didn't bite your duck's neck or throat. So glad it didn't.

You can trap it in a humane rat trap baited with canned cat food or tuna. Cover the trap with something like a feed sack to disguise it and place it in a sheltered spot against the outside of your pen. Place your bait as far as possible inside the trap (but not where the weasel can reach it with a paw from the outside.

How is your girl doing today?
She’s doing better, but the bone is expose since he ripped half of her wing…
I’m gonna go to the feed store to see if they have a trap…

That's good to hear . How much bone is exposed? If it is possible to have a vet look at her they may be able to remove the rest of the wing.

Attachments

• 45B827C8-EFB0-48C3-B598-871648DB39F2.jpeg
    45B827C8-EFB0-48C3-B598-871648DB39F2.jpeg
    746.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom