Help Stop The Exploding Egg Before It Happens!!!

Lacrystol

Hatching Helper
14 Years
Jun 13, 2009
Diamond, Ohio
I was reading about eggs exploding and I do not want this to happen to me, I have 12 eggs in the incubator, I have candeled them all, 3 of them I can clearly see my little's one swimming around. Coming to the top of the egg as if to say "Now you see me, Now you don't!" then disapearing. However, the others I'm not seeing movement, I do see lots of veins but I don't see anything swimming around like the other 3. I'm on my 7th day, what do you think I should do about the non moving eggs??

I don't want any of them to explode and ruin the 3 good ones but yet I don't want to get rid of them because what if there still a live chicken in there, after all I do see veins. Could it be possible that they just weren't activite at the time I candeled? were talking 9 eggs with no movement! Or are baby chicks always activite inside an egg? Could it be the others started to grow but now have quitted? The eggs themselves are not pitch black, like I said I can see veins just no movement.... Any advice I would greatly appreciate it.. I don't know if this makes a difference or not but these eggs are Silkies, here's another thought because silkies aren't very big, could this be the reason why I can't see them yet?

I think there is a thing you can do where you float them in water and look for movement. But i don't know if this only works with eggs that are closer to hatching. Hopefully someone else can help.

Also. The eggs really smell before they explode so if you keep smelling them then you will know a bad one before it explodes. (Hopefully)
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
this...

and what day are you on...? i wouldn't float them on day 7 and expect movement on a float test...

i figure exploding eggs come from rotten blood rings, or infertile eggs that get bacteria in them... amirite...?

and what day are you on...? i wouldn't float them on day 7 and expect movement on a float test...

i figure exploding eggs come from rotten blood rings, or infertile eggs that get bacteria in them... amirite...?

Build-up of sulfur dioxide gas, I believe. It's a by-product of decay, and eggs with veins aren't decaying.​

Ok because I read a post how an egg exploded on the 8th day as soon as this person closed the incubator, I don't want that to happen. do you think there's still baby's a live in the eggs? Should I keep candeling them for movement? Why would the other 3 have great movement but the 9 nothing??

Quote:
An egg can still rot if there is no development. Leave an unfertile grocery store egg with no veins out on the counter...you will have a mess on your hands eventually. If bacteria permeates the shell, the proteins inside an egg is like a goldmine for them, they reproduce, and eventually the egg will explode from the buildup of bacteria by products.

Back
Top Bottom