Help... Stupid question... How much...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by geebs, Aug 30, 2010.

1. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Does it cost to add a teen onto your insurance??? I have tried to fill out these forms etc. online.. I just want a basic idea... a ballpark figure. My kid is 18 and a female... My husband and I have been driving for a million years, we carry full coverage and have a pretty fair driving record.. etc. Anyone want to ball park me??? Nothing is open yet but i know some of you are out there awake... [​IMG] thanks.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I know my brother was MUCH more expensive than I was to add, but I started out at about $200 or $300 under my permit, then probably jumped to about $400 or so. I could be off a bit, but I'm pretty sure that's what I remember my parents telling me. However, a report card showing good grades helps a lot! Also, you can have her take a defensive driving class which would also give you guys an insurance cut. The class is good for two years usually, and in New Jersey, they give us a two point break for any driving violations. That's why most people take the class, but I took it for the insurance cut. It's a very good class, especially for someone who is 18.

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    my girls cost me an extra 85 dollars a month apiece.. [​IMG]

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I was $150 every 6 months. Now I'm $120 every six months.

[​IMG] Being a girl has it's perks...

Edit: I'm liability only.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    thanks... I sure appreciate it...

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Call your insurance company and ask. Just asking the question does not mean he is added on. Having taken a driver's education course and keeping a good gpa usually reduce the rates. You also need to find out the differences in which of your car he could be listed on; might surprise you the amount of different that can make, and which is least expensive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by