Kalista Potter

Chirping
Sep 25, 2019
Hello again,
I've recently just noticed my wayandotte bantam Lavender has become unwell
She was doing ok last week on Saturday then the next day on Sunday she started to became unwell shes about 2 years old.
Her symptoms she's showing recently are:
- Puffed up feathers
- Not entirely intrested in eating nor drinking but she did end up eating very little by herself yesterday. She's not willing to drink by herself so I've been giving her electrolyte in her water through a syringe every so often.
- She seems Lethargic, but she does have enough energy to run away from me.
- hides away from the rest of the flock and closes her eyes. She will sometimes follow her friend Honey ( which shes also the same breed)
- Hasn't seemed to poo in awhile and when she did her poo was watery and
White.
- I believe she does not have impacted crop or sour crop as i don't feel much of her crop and its not squishy or hard But she has a little bit of food in there but i'll will make sure to check in the morning if its empty.
Currently those are the symptoms she's showing but i will keep you updated.

Could it be mites causing the
unwellness?
-
Note I've a noticed a few mites in the girs cage but I've treated all 21 of my girls including my unwell hen Lavender with ivimectem yesterday.

Could she be egg bound?
-what should I look out for and would chickens normally show theses symptom if they are?
Does sudden weather change from hot to cold and cold to hot do this?
Since the weather has been changing alot im wondering if chickens can feel ill from sudden weather change all the time?

Is it age related?
I don't believe it could be this as shes young but could it be a chance?

Does anyone know what it could be?
Willing to know as I'm hoping she will be ok and hoping she just run down by the weather.

I'll send a few photos of her below.

Any advice and ideas will be greatly appreciated Thankyou for taking your time to read this hope to hear some responses. 😊
😊

Attachments

• 20211214_023433.jpg
    20211214_023433.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211214_023711.jpg
    20211214_023711.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211214_024221.jpg
    20211214_024221.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211214_023438.jpg
    20211214_023438.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211214_023711.jpg
    20211214_023711.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1
Photos of her poop?

Re-check her crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink.

You noticed mites in the cage...did you clean out the cage/housing and treat it with something like Permethrin, louse powder, etc.?

Does she lay eggs? I would get her hydrated, give her extra calcium (1 Caltrate a day for 3 days), see if she will eat a little something.

Photos of her poop?

Re-check her crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink.

You noticed mites in the cage...did you clean out the cage/housing and treat it with something like Permethrin, louse powder, etc.?

Does she lay eggs? I would get her hydrated, give her extra calcium (1 Caltrate a day for 3 days), see if she will eat a little something.
Will have to wait till she poos again

Yes it is emtying overnight i am currently giving her baycox as shes showing symtoms of Cocidioses so will let you know how it goes cage has been cleaned no mites in sight and been checking everynight to make sure

Will have to wait till she poos again

Yes it is emtying overnight i am currently giving her baycox as shes showing symtoms of Cocidioses so will let you know how it goes cage has been cleaned no mites in sight and been checking everynight to make sure
*yes she lays eggs but shes broody alot of the time so i break her from being broody

Photos of her poop?

My girl lavender has improved and is all well turns out she just had coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom