Help. The chicks are hatching in 6 days and I still haven't decided on a plate.

Which Plate?

• Premium1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brinsea

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Rentacoop

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Titan

• Other

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Heat Pad

• Total voters
Do you have quail?
But then things like this happen where people say opposite things and I literally have 0 clue.
(Hahaha welcome to the indecisive club. We can co-lead hahaha.)
No I dont lol just chickens, but I'm sure the quail will have some late hatchers too. How long do quail eggs need to incubate?

I use a heat plate for every time I raise up chicks. It works wonders and the chicks love it! I can rest easy that my chicks will be safe and there is no fire hazard.

I've never raised quail, so I have no idea about them and their "dumbness", or if the heat plate would work for them. :idunnoSorry.

Never used a heat plate, so have no experince with them....but what I have read, heard from other peeps, is it doesn't put out enough heat for the chicks.

I'm 'old school', I use 100w red heat lamps. (hard to find). White light tends to make the chicks schizo! I have incorporated a dimmer switch into the lamps to control/regulate the temp better...(Thanks @casportpony) before Kathy told me about this little mod to the lamp, I'd spend hours trying to get the lamp adjusted to the right level to control the temp at 'the sweet spot'.
I have never had a fire through the use of a heat lamp!

Never used a heat plate, so have no experince with them....but what I have read, heard from other peeps, is it doesn't put out enough heat for the chicks.

I'm 'old school', I use 100w red heat lamps. (hard to find). White light tends to make the chicks schizo! I have incorporated a dimmer switch into the lamps to control/regulate the temp better...(Thanks @casportpony) before Kathy told me about this little mod to the lamp, I'd spend hours trying to get the lamp adjusted to the right level to control the temp at 'the sweet spot'.
I have never had a fire through the use of a heat lamp!
What kind of dimmer switch do you use? What products do you use in your set up??

Back
Top Bottom