Help the clip that connects the motor to the egg turner broke

CountryBoy47

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
Wichita ks
Hi family I have a little giant egg turner and I was trying to hatch some quail eggs and the plastic part that connects to the egg turner motor which connects to the egg turner broke is there a substitute or a quick fix that I can do to get it going until I can get the correct part ordered.

Well I figured it out and now have 2 back ups and 55 baby quail.

Since I got no help on the forum. I ransacked the internet looking for ideas then something said go to the rc hobby shop. Never been there don't play with rc stuff. I went in got some help from one of the workers and we found a peice that would work. I also used what I thought was a shelf support which you have to modify a bit in order to make it fit this got me through for 3 days till the motors showed up in the mail. I wouldn't run it longer than that unless you locktite it or something. honestly I wasn't gonna post a fix because I was a little heated that out of all the people on this dang forum no one responded or gave me a solution or idea on how to fix this problem, however because I feel this idea just didn't come from me I feel its necessary to share it, freely I have received and freely shall I give. Hope this helps you God bless you.

OK.. so I did something different.. I found a little flat piece of plastic or vinyl drilled a hole smaller that the shaft of the motor then used a dremel to make the flat side. I then drilled a hole in the other end just big enough to fit a machine screw into. The head of the machine screw fits perfectly in the groove on the guide.I put small flat nuts in both sides of the plastic to hold the screw in place..

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet. I just finished it. I've got it on in the incubator doing my 24hr setup.. if the temp holds them in going to load it up.. the plastic isn't really hard so i don't know if it will hold.. if not then I'll replace the plastic with a piece of popcicle stick.

Back
Top Bottom