HELP! think my 1 week old chick is choking!!

nat_alia

Chirping
May 14, 2023
I don't know what to do! Her mum was feeding her some food round the runner and went to check on her and she seems to be gasping, and lifts her head up for a breath i don't know how to explain it. But she seems to still continue eating when mum chicken is calling her over for food. Is she just full??

I don't know what to do! Her mum was feeding her some food round the runner and went to check on her and she seems to be gasping, and lifts her head up for a breath i don't know how to explain it. But she seems to still continue eating when mum chicken is calling her over for food.
What was her mum feeding her when symptoms began? (Chick feed or something else?) It sounds like the chick may have aspirated. The problem is there's not a lot you can do, although sometimes antibiotics can be helpful if pneumonia sets in. @azygous @Wyorp Rock

I don't know what to do! Her mum was feeding her some food round the runner and went to check on her and she seems to be gasping, and lifts her head up for a breath i don't know how to explain it. But she seems to still continue eating when mum chicken is calling her over for food. Is she just full??
Can you get a video of her?
Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Do look inside her beak to make sure she hasn't swallowed a string or hair and it's wrapped around her tongue or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom