Help to ID this pullet please

Madhen80

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Northwest Ohio
This is a 5 month old pullet purchased out of the mystery bantam bin at TSC. I originally thought that she was a seabright cross of some sort, but I'm not sure. She has a pea comb. Maybe some experts have some good guesses. Any ideas? Thanks.

Golden laced sebright...but it looks like a rooster..here is my Golden laced sebright hen that I also got from TSC....she is 6 months old...

wow really...I wonder why mine are not laying :(....but it is a Golden Laced Sebright because it is the right size and the right color and it has a Rosecomb

Well, it she is much bigger than a seabright, and "she" is laying :)

Looks pure to me.
thumbsup.gif
Compared to the standard sized birds around her, she looks to be the right size for a sebright. She just has larger comb (that is a rose comb) and wattles than what is desired for sebright hens. Here's some silver laced that I used to have to compare with.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/image/id/7779318/width/400/flags/LL

I apologize, the photos are not good of her then. Maybe I will try again. She has a bad comb, and I can see from the photos how it does look like a rose comb, but it is definately a pea comb. The standard birds in the photos with her are also not full grown and she is slouched down to the ground. All giving an illusion she is smaller. I saw an entire flock (several actually) of breeding seabrights today and she is way bigger. Maybe I will try for more photos, but she is very flighty.

On second thought, her comb is very bad, maybe it just looks like there are three distinctive regions. I will check again tomorrow.

Ok, feeling very foolish. The comb looks just like my Brahma's pea comb, distinct rows for the nubs, except it does have that fleshy protrusion at the top like in a rose comb. So, I guess it's a rose comb then.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom