HELP........too many eggs

I have the same problem. My SO put up a sign to sell some at work on Friday, so hopefully I'll be selling some of the extras soon. I'm not going to put up a sign at the end of our road until all my girls are laying.
Every other day I scramble some up for the dogs, the cat and the chickens. I used to hard boil them for the chickens, but since they are so fresh they don't peel well after boiling. That's okay, the chickens love em scrambled too.

make custard, and lemon curds etc and give them to your neighbors, they should eat those faster then your eggs
lol.png
Also make souffle ! since custard mainly have egg yolks =P lots of desserts you can do. Also you can make egg pasta, if you have a pasta machine, or if your really patient rolling pin :eek: !! heres the recipe its by Jamie Oliver and its SUPPER good, super easy!! Way better then store bought, its so silky.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-and-pizza/a-basic-recipe-for-fresh-egg-pasta

he
also have some awesome recipe for sauce. Or you can just go good ol' meatball and marinara! now i'm hungry =P

on the "search recipe" ont he left hand side..type "egg" and then you get tons of recipe!!
smile.png

Never thought of frying them. I have a large frying pan - I could fry up a large batch (pan fits a dozen eggs) and divy them up mongst the critters. Good idea. I don't cook, so probably making pasta is out of my league - but frying them up in mass batches, I can do :)

To freeze-- beat them together well (blender works nice!) and pour into heavy-duty freezer bags.

You can do them in batches of 3 (for use with cake mixes) and big-batches for scrambled eggs, custards etc.. for winter when they laying slows and baking increases!

The sign "eggs for sale" is a good idea-- there are a lot of folks here that do it!

Call around and see if there are any "Farmers Markets" still open... often the table space is free- or around $10... take a cooler full of eggs and they'll be gone in a flash!

Quote:
How old are your hens? and breed ...

I am having just the opposite problem . MINE don't lay fast enough .

I had bought 30 chicks back in April and still not laying . they are rir's , austrolorps and barred rocks .

I have a total of about 120 in my flock and ONLY about 6 older hens 9 months to a year that are laying . REST are acting like they have no idea HOW to lay LOL ... threatening to eithe r squeeze the eggs out , OR make a huge GUMBO and sell plate lunches ... LOL

HELP !!!!!!!!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
ep.gif

Mine are the same age. I have one roo and he mounts them daily. Maybe that is stimulating their egg laying.
lau.gif

Oh , they get mounted very often and that is NOT what is lacking from them laying . and yes they are on laying pellets and have been since they are 4 months old .
frow.gif
barnie.gif

Quote:
kmom, I think this is kinda important. Scramble them, don't fry them. I say this because to me a fried egg still looks like what it is...an egg. Chickens aren't bright, but you don't want them to get any ideas about that fried egg being the same thing they have available to them in the coop. This could lead to (raw) egg eaters. Best to scramble them. They'll love them without making the connecton.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom