HELP!! Turkey eggs hatching

Pete fernBonnie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
So i set some turkey eggs a few ago and i realized i would be going on a trip when they hatch. My mother will stay and watch the poults hatch but she has no experience with these type of birds. Is there any advice you could give me about hatching turkeys? Thanks

I've never hatched turkeys, but I have hatched chickens, so I hope I can help:

If you are hatching in an incubator, wait until they are all hatched and dry and than move them into a brooder with a heat light at around 95 degrees with some water and food (they don't really need to eat until they absorb their egg yolk). Make sure they can get away from the heat and that they have an easy to grip surface (paper towels are a great!).

Are they under a mother?

Best of luck!
smile.png

After they hatch and yhey gi to the brooder make sure to dip their beak in the water.

If you have some place shiny marbles in the waterer.

Place some aluminum foil on the brooder floor and sprinkle some feed on it.

The poults like shiny objects and will peck at them. And will help them find food and water.

Stop turing the eggs on day 25. Raise humidity in the incubator to 65 to 75 percent.

Good luck

I was gone on a week long trip (unplanned by me) when my second to last batch of turkeys hatched. I ended up with 50%, I'd have had more if I had been home. The 6 that hatched did so with no issues, and were moved to the brooder while I was gone.

Back
Top Bottom