Help two year old confusing me

Jesusfreak101

Songster
Sep 2, 2015
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I have a two year old daughter named lucy. And some morning she wakes up (5-7) and throws up then come breakfast she eats nothing but bacon and i mean five or more peices and wont have a problem the rest of the day. Today she (6:23pm) had eaten strawberries and part of a banana then drank some hot tea (spilled most of the luke warm tea) and then threw up and she acting fine now i am so freaking confused.

Hi @Jesusfreak , sorry about your daughter's issue. I don't know what's going on but maybe you should contact your doctor's office just to be sure it's not a problem.

Already did she goes tomorrow the dr said he was concerned and that she would be seen tomorrow by someone, (they have three offices in the area). My mom said possible parasite from the chickens which i would think it would make it more regular but she goes weeks with out having an episode and fine. I assume it would be more regular if it was and anytime i read its only baby chick exposure is dangerous. Last month or so we got baby chicks and they were sectioned off in the bottom of the coop and she didnt have access to them they now feathered and big enough to be with the rest of the flock and has only handled one last week and this has happen six times in the last three months so its not very often and nothing i can think of is common relation to anything. Her food is always different and the an hour to thirty minutes later she wants food and holds it down. Our chickens so no sign of any illness. She also exposed to dogs, fish, cats. And surely something like that would be more regular right?

So, she throws up before she's had anything to eat or drink in the morning? Does she throw up immediately upon awakening? Is she still in her room/bed, or has she been up and active for a bit? What comes up? Last night's supper? not much of anything? I wonder if she's got reflux, or perhaps excess sinus drainage. I'd definitely be discussing this with the pediatrician.

Most of the time it happens she still in bed when we travel mostly it happened when she been in bed and nothing but bile. There been one time she was active before in the am when it happened and today was after she ate and had food in stomach so that came up. Normally its just bile. She has bad allergies so that could be it she normally on two medications to control runny nose and coughing plus sneezing. I talked to my aunt who a nurse pract. (I was kinda freaking out to be honest) and she said how sporadic it is sounds like reflux/ possible ulcer but she said that it was not something serious considering the symptoms and that it was unlikely to be. So that made me feel slightly better i also didnt think about that my mother and i both get sick if we dont eat in time and my father has reflux. (My blood sugar like my mothers is border line diabetic 74 last time it was checked for me and thats what my mom normal is in the morning and we both feel horrible till we eat i throw up in the am if i dont eat normally and any other time). I thought it was possblely that but i got side tracked by what else it could be mommy freak/panic mode sucks.

I'll pray for you both, Jesusfreak. It can be hard to find peace when our little ones scare us with stuff like this. My feeling, though, is that she'll be just fine. Please let us know how everything turns out after tomorrow's appointment. Hugs to both.

Thank you, its been along week with her, we thought she broke three toes after that er trip (major bruise no break or fracture) she had a rash on her neck the next day, and now this i think i have gray hair before i turn thirty i turn 25 in march lol.

Well, at 24 you're young compared to me...haha! Gray hairs...yep, got a few of those myself, but so far, they blend right into my natural hair color. ;-) I nearly lost my youngest who's almost 3 months old. The doctor took him more than 6 weeks early, then he spent a week recovering in the NICU. Thank God, he's fat and healthy now. You'd never even know he was a preemie. Kids seem so fragile, but in reality, they're pretty tough.

I strive to feed my kids a predominantly organic, whole-foods-based diet, give them lots of fresh air and sunshine (and yes, playtime in the dirt), use meds as a last resort, and most importantly, I pray for them. I think it all boils down to me caring for them the best I can and trusting God for the rest.

Agreed, lol my husband use to freak out about our daughter playing in the dirt now if she rolls in the mud he just cringes and shakes his head. I have pictures of her rolling in the mud. Kids are very interesting on what they can handle, i have a nephew who does cemo treatments every monday and you would never know it. Your right about them being stronger then we think. I thank God he made them the way he did its nice to know he has them in his hands.

Back
Top Bottom