HELP URGENT WING RIPPED OFF

HannahDolding

Songster
May 1, 2020
Fleet Hampshire, England
HELP -
About the 4 month old chicks wing has been ripped off by a fox, not too much bleeding considering the damage - although I don't know how long ago it was. The joint is sticking out the wound and I've sprayed it with antibacterial chicken stuff, I'm thinking about sewing the wound together so the skin heals over the joint, is that a bad idea?
Chick is walking/jumping/eating etc. Doesn't appear to be in shock

HELP -
About the 4 month old chicks wing has been ripped off by a fox, not too much bleeding considering the damage - although I don't know how long ago it was. The joint is sticking out the wound and I've sprayed it with antibacterial chicken stuff, I'm thinking about sewing the wound together so the skin heals over the joint, is that a bad idea?
Chick is walking/jumping/eating etc. Doesn't appear to be in shock

Looked at some previous chicken wing posts, and sewing has often said to be a bad idea, however we have surgical strips which are small bits of tape made to hold human wounds together, it just doesn't make sense to me how it could heal over the bone if its poking out. I am going to attach a photo later

Looked at some previous chicken wing posts, and sewing has often said to be a bad idea, however we have surgical strips which are small bits of tape made to hold human wounds together, it just doesn't make sense to me how it could heal over the bone if its poking out. I am going to attach a photo later
IMG_20201031_182522.jpg

I am not a vet, and I've only had one like this, and it was not as serious, as in there wasn't as much bone exposed. Can you go tractor supply and get some chlorhexidine? I ask because I think you will need to remove most of that bone and then you will need something to flush the wound with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom