HELP!!! URGENT!!!

annieswhynot

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
My goat is sick! Just lays there! Doesn't make a sound! Runny nose! Yellow! Won't open her eyes! Acts like she's dizzy! I don't believe she has eaten or drank anything in 24 hours! Temp is 103! Please anybody!

Sounds like a serious bacterial infection - do you have some antibiotics around? or call a vet to get something like nuflor? doesn't sound like the typical goat intestine problem.

I just picked up some tylan 200! I have never given anyone a shot! We r thinking pneumonia!

oh, how sweet! I will be thinking of her.

I'm not sure how quickly the meds work for her, should be a couple days to see improvement. since she hasn't eaten, i would focus on getting her hydrated and see if she's interested in some greens. electrolytes will be important, too, so see if you can whip this up and get it in tater tot :

Homemade ElectrolytesA half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

you can give her some aspirin to get some inflammation down (about 1000 mg or 3 tablets should do every 4-6 hours).

focus on getting her body back to normal and let the antibiotics work on the infection.

i've also found that headrubs and back massages help :)

Oh, I am so sorry, I was willing her to pull through, I am glad you were there with her
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom