Help w/ Identifying Duck Egg Breed

Mudstar4ever

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Grass Valley, California
Hi all! Picked up my two duck eggs from a local farmer on Craigslist today!! :celebrate

Would love your help with identifying the breeds. I don't know what the drake-to-hen breakdown is, but the eggs came from breeds including: Cayuga, Blue Swedish, Silver Swedish, Fawn/White Indian Runner. Now, based on the below image and my research, my educated guess is that I have a Silver Swedish on the left and a Fawn/White Indian Runner on the right. But would love to hear from the experts!

Both eggs are light tan/white in color. Probably safe to rule out Cayuga given the color (not gray/black by any means) nor is there a blue hue, so I don't think there are any Blue Swedish. What are your guys' thoughts?
IMG_5335.jpeg

Bumping this again - at day 3, the taller egg (which I think is the Fawn & White Runner) is starting to develop. Not seeing anything in the smaller egg yet.

Just want to be sure I have a pretty good idea so I can do my homework. :)

Ahh yes!! Sorry for the delay! One ended up being infertile, but the taller egg on the right hatched me an adorable little Black Swedish! (Not a Runner, he's just standing up to look over the side. ;) )
IMG_5871.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom