Help waht can i do??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GAChknGirl, Sep 22, 2009.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    I went out to feed and water our chicks, and then i see my little white chicks bleeding the othre birds pecked them the one has no feathers on its neck bleeding off its wings and bleeding around the tail area.. what can i do i separated them already there were 3 but they only piced on the white ones is there anything i can do?? to help them heal?? Poor things [​IMG]

2. monathequeen

monathequeen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Burlington KS
    Wow.....not good.
    how old are the small ones ?
    you need to seperate those small birds immediately until their old enough to fend for them selves...they can be pecked to death...
    if you have any chicken wire laying around. put togrther a area for them to be in away from the others...I need to know first how old the small ones are...

3. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    they are all the same age they are a month old the ones that got picked on were the bigger of all the chicks they are all in our outdoor brooder

4. M@M@2four

M@M@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:lather their wounds in Neosporin and keep them separated till they heal. Poor little thing! Sometimes that happens! Hope that helps! [​IMG]

5. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    What about that purple stuff should i get some of that im getting ready to go to tractor supply

6. M@M@2four

M@M@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:You can, but I have used just plain old neosporin on plenty of pecked chicks with no problem--it helps them heal quickly!

7. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Okay thanks!!

8. monathequeen

monathequeen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Burlington KS
    Quote:sounds like they are just establishing their pecking order...if they are the same age, they will be ok but still have to take care of the wounds asap
    .....fresh blood attracts more pecking so get rid of the fresh blood on them immediately. they will peck on anything "RED"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by