Help wanted:(

Kutz

Chirping
Jun 8, 2015
Far away

Ok.drop of blood.
Third time in 3 weeks my hen make this.
She eats and drink.no clinic signs of illnes.good poop rest of the day.
Vet told to wait with meds.
Im scared this is cocci.
Advice???:(((

Last edited:
Kutz, how old is your hen? That dropping is just mucus and blood which is definitely abnormal. How is she acting? Is she eating and drinking normally, or standing around hunched or puffed up? Several things can cause blood in stools such as capillary worms, coccidiosis, and enteritis. Has your vet check ed her stool for worms or cocci with a fecal float? They can also perform a gram stain for bacteria that cause enteritis. Capillary worms require more than a usual dose of wormer. Fenbendazole ( SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or horse paste, or Panacur) 1/4 ml per pound of weight, given orally 5 days in a row will usually treat it. Many antibiotics can treat enteritis, and it is best to know what bacteria is causing it, to use the right one. Corid (amprollium) is good for coccidiosis. I would get a fecal float done to cut down on giving medicines randomly.

She is eating and drinkin fine.and a variety of things.playful and loud.she is 8 months old.been wormed and treated.living inside the house.
Not showing any sign of illnes.the rest of the day her poop is normal.solid and pretty.
1f602.png

I can get bitril and sulfa.
Can another kind of wormer work on chickens?

I know i should find a vet here that can test the poop but nobody in thec"big city" wants to treat a bird.

Back
Top Bottom