Help! We have to many eggs!

Hi, we have to many eggs, does anybody have a recipes or something. Thanks a bunch!

I like Yorkshire pudding. It can use a lot of eggs, but tastes like a bread-type thing instead of tasting like scrambled egg.

The recipe I use:
mix together:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup eggs (usually 6 big ones, or many more bantam ones)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Put about 2 Tablespoons of fat into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, put it in the oven, and turn on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

When the oven is hot and the fat starts popping and sounding scary, pull the pan out of the oven. Tip it to spread the fat around, then pour in the batter.

Bake until it's puffed up and looks done. It rises into strange mountain shapes, with some of the edges turning brown and getting crispy and other parts staying soft. I think it's usually about 15 to 20 minutes of baking, but I go by appearance more than by time.

Eat it quickly while it's warm. I put it on a cutting board and chop it into pieces for easy handling. At my house, 2 people can easily eat an entire panful.

For the "fat" in the pan, I usually use some kind of meat drippings (from beef, ham, sausage, bacon, etc.) The tastier the fat, the tastier the pudding ;)

It's not a recipe, but when I have too many eggs I hard boil them and feed them to my pigs. They are very appreciative.

Back
Top Bottom