Help! Weak duckling

Ok, well keep at it! It's a really good sign that they are not getting weaker and are still kickin'. :) Each new day they make it is a victory! Sometimes if you can get them over the hump, they will finally start to gain weight and grow and be perfectly fine. Do you have any way of getting accurate weights on them? I used to use a digital kitchen scale for little ones. Weigh them once a day (at the same time each day) so you can monitor if they are gaining weight. They should go up in weight every day if they are doing ok, even if it's just a little bit. If they are going down in weight, that is not ok and you will need to continue to get them to eat whatever you can until they start gaining again.

They are super cute! I have my fingers crossed for your two little special ones! ^-^

Heres one from today, welsh harlequin vs golden layer. I have a little digital kitchen scale and im going to start tracking their weights hopefully it goes up a little tomorrow!

Omg, so cute!! <3 And so tiny for your little ones, but I have faith in them! Let us know how their weights are tomorrow. :)

They grew!!! They both gained 0.02 ounces overnight lol quite a small gain, maybe they will be mini ducks or something lol. Maybe weve finally gotten past this threshold and they will be ok :) im so excited!

My girls are getting huge! Except for my 2 little weak girls. They eat fine and seem to be doing well. They swim with the big girls and run amok now, but they just aren't growing much! Hahaha. Ive sent them back in with the pack and they seem much happier :) what do you guys think? Just around 2.5 weeks now!

Last edited:
Thanks Amiga! Im really happy they pulled through i was very worried about them. They've been steadily putting on weight though so i think they could just be little lol even their big girl feathers are starting to peep through, and at the same rate as my big girls :)

Heres the big girls swimming. The littlw ones get tired a little quicker and we had just pulled them out. But everyone likes duck pics right lol

So glad to hear they are still doing well! :D Yes, maybe they will just be mini ducks. ;) You've done a great job with these two! If you hadn't been so diligent in keeping tabs on them and giving them all that extra care, I don't think they would have made it very long. Some just need a little extra boost. ^-^

Thanks! We are getting their outdoor coop done this weekend! Going to do a couple coops connected by a small run so they can do their thing and those will be inside a large kennel type of run (not chain link but hog wire with chicken wire around the bottom) theyll be in the coops at night and the kennel during the day. But i plan to let them free range while im home. The girls have been digging their daily swim and yard romps i think those helped lift the spirits of our wee ones! Are mini ducks really a thing lol? Will they still lay eggs??

Also this is kuzco, our youngest corgi and he loves to hang out right outside of the brooder. He thinks they are his babies lol

Back
Top Bottom