Help...what breed & who's a roo...

jmscowgirl84

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
Michigan
I bought 5 supposedly "barred rock" straight run chicks from my local TSC...and 1 Isa Brown pullet...but this is what I ended up with (pic with all youngsters) I think I have 4 cockrells of questionable breed & 1 BSL pullet...please tell me what you think...oh, and at least one crows...lol...so I know at least 1 if not 4 (or more) are roos...

I think BSL pullet on her... (below)

These look like cockrells, but are they actually BSL? Or something else (obviously they aren't Barred Rock as they were sold as)

Close up...pea comb?

I'm new to the chicken world...I started out with 6 Leghorns & 5 RIR'S that were bought from a comercial farm...I'm down to just 1 "old girl" who oddly enough developed some pretty big spurs in the 3 years I've had her...I'd say they are about 1.5 inches now!
But anyway, I'm only used to hens & only those two beds so I'm at a loss for what I ended up with this year.

First off, I would say that the black and whites are Silver Laced Wyondottes. The black and white one up front in the first photo is probably your little one that is crowing.
The red/brown one is a sexling..or isa brown. Whatever folks want to call them.
Not sure about the others, they sure can fake you out at times. Those are some pretty red combs for that age though. One has watlles, the other doesn't. Good luck, hope you can have roosters. Welcome, you can post these in a section where there are a lot, and I mean a lot of folks that love to try and figure out the sex and breeds. :)

Back
Top Bottom