Help! What is eating my eggs?

imceci

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 19, 2012
I dont know what to do. IS it my girls or a predatoe? I go in and sometimes I will find a half eaten egg, then other times, no eggs at all. Either way I go, there are no eggs to keep... If its half eaten, then there are no more eggs anywhere, shell, anything. My girls are ok, lots of feathers everywhere under their roost every morning, but they are all uninjured. Where are my eggs??? sniffle...

would the chicken eat all, shell and all never leaving any sign of it?

Chickens almost never leave PART of an egg.
Skunks will sometimes

I'd set a trap
I agree there is a member over in the peafowl section that set up a trail cam in her pen and was floored when she saw what was on her cam... skunks and a possium in the pen walking around the peacock that was sleeping on the ground.

I agree Set that trap
thumbsup.gif

A game or trail camera will be a big help for you. We use one every night to see what's moving around our yard. We bought ours from Walmart for around $50.00.

Last edited:
A game or trail camera will be a big help for you. We use one every night to see what's moving around our yard. We bought ours from Walmart for around $50.00.
thumbsup.gif
That is how i keep track of wild critters here and for the most part they are pretty good about leaving the birds alone here. they yote gives it a try once in a while without success thanks to my dogs.

Back
Top Bottom