Help! What is up with my turkeys head?

Ravenschime

Hatching
Oct 27, 2022
His throat and the top of his head became swollen overnight. Other than this he’s acting completely fine no coughing/ sneezing or lethargic behavior.
D8F8C893-1804-4266-B3CD-BC2E6203ACC0.jpeg

His throat and the top of his head became swollen overnight. Other than this he’s acting completely fine no coughing/ sneezing or lethargic behavior.
View attachment 3304257
I believe that if you feel it, it is full of air and not solid. It happens when they have air sac leakage. The treatment is to lance it and let the air out. A small jagged cut will work better than using a needle. If you use a needle, the hole is likely to seal before the leak is healed and will need to be repeated until the leak heals.

Some people give an antibiotic too.

I believe that if you feel it, it is full of air and not solid. It happens when they have air sac leakage. The treatment is to lance it and let the air out. A small jagged cut will work better than using a needle. If you use a needle, the hole is likely to seal before the leak is healed and will need to be repeated until the leak heals.

Some people give an antibiotic too.
Thank you! I saw it looked see-through but wasn’t sure if it was something bacterial or viral so was hesitant to touch it 😁👍

Back
Top Bottom