help whats wrong with my eggs.

maybejoey

got chickenidous?
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
HairyMan (towns nickname)
The chicks start shaking the egg and chirping then it stops. When this happened I thought that it was just them getting tired and taking a break. But after three days none of the eggs hatched it was day 25 so I decided to crack open an egg and see what was up. When I cracked it open there was a thick skin thingy over the chick, to make sure that it wasnt just the one so I cracked two more but both of them had the same exact thing.
sad.png
I am thinking that the skin is to thick for them to get through so they are dying.
sad.png
What could have caused this to happen.
sad.png

Temperature- 99.9 degrees.
Humidity- dont have any type of reade sorry but I tried the dry incubation method.
Egg type- black jersey giant eggs 25

+ had an automatic turner.
smile.png

Quote:
Im thinking they were totally shrink wrapped:( The membrane gets really tough to fight through if it was too dry:(

Last edited:
Aw they were shrink wrapped, I have never been able to pull off a dry incubation, humidity seems to do it for me. I work hard not to drown them, but they need moisture to get out of those eggs. Did you follow a good guide to dry incubation? If you did, they should have had enough moisture to start breaking those shells open, and then of course the egg moisture itself helps make it humid in there for the rest of the hatchlings.

Back
Top Bottom