help! wher in DAYTON, ohio can i find a hatchey?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hennyandpenny, Apr 4, 2012.

1. hennyandpenny

hennyandpenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    okay guys i really want silkiesut my parents wont go anywhere far away like up to the great lakes to get some... ya..... a freind of mine who i ride with hhas a couple of chickens (mainly roosters) and she said that there was a brodery about halfway to cincinatti but if there is anywhere else closer i can get them (adolecence or chicks) then i can be happy (please dont refer me to creepy people on craigslist or ebay.... unles you know someone who can get me some really healthy chicks or older birds!)

2. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    Try mypetchicken.com they have lots of different birds, including chickens. Or try efowl.com

3. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    Mypetchicken is not a hatchery, just a drop shipper. YOu can look at Meyer, I think they're in Ohio.

4. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    type "chicken hatcheries" into google then click on MAPS it should bring up a map showing hatcheries nearby.

5. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    Mt. Healthy Hatchery is very near you! Check out this page: http://g.co/maps/55db3

They are probably the closest place: http://www.mthealthy.com/ I don't know if you can pick up from them, or not. You may need to call and find out.

6. hennyandpenny

hennyandpenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    thanks guys! i tink meyer is around 2-3 hours away and i think mt healthy is about 1h to 45min away.... again thank you the tracter suply by us has NONE of the birds that i want, silkies, polish, and maybe cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by