Help! Why no eggs from BR & Easter Egger

jotebo

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 6, 2013
Tavernier (The Keys) Florida
HELP....I have 3 hens (been laying 1.5 yrs) Live in the FL Keys. They free range during the day in the hardwood hammocks.
RR is molting, Easter Egger lays maybe one a week (stayed recently with a friend, with an
a/c coop, for a week and layed every other day) and my BR was laying eggs with wrinkles, thin shells and then we would find cracked eggs. Now she has stopped laying all together except this morning I found a broken egg with a paper thin shell all rolled up. I had them on regular good layer feed and switched to Purina with oyster shell. (Even though they have always had oyster shell in their run) I change their water every day. Gave them poultry vitamins in their water for 4 days per package instructions. No mites, poop looks good. Can in coop at night. The only treats they get is kale, spinach and cucumber.... maybe once a day. I tried no treats and no change.
They were fine last summer, no issues.
They look and act fine. No stress.
I haven't wormed them.
What am I doing wrong????

I would provide a constant supply of oyster shell as well. For the time being boil up some eggs and crush it all together with the shells. They should gobble it right up!

They don’t NEED layer feed. Flock Raiser and Grower offer more protein. As long as there is oyster shell available, they will eat as needed.

Your girls are getting older and at 1.5 years old are ready to molt and take a break in their laying cycle.

Your girls are getting older and at 1.5 years old are ready to molt and take a break in their laying cycle.
Molting was my first thought too...
...and spinach, and maybe kale, can interfere with calcium uptake.

Gave them poultry vitamins in their water for 4 days per package instructions.
What kind of vitamins?

Back
Top Bottom