Help with auto door

ReesaAnne

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2021
I got one of these generic auto doors doors off Amazon and the instructions are minimal.
I'm having a problem with the safety sensor; once the door has closed, if something passes in the way of the safety sensor, the door will open back up again 🤬
Please tell me someone knows how to fix this, I spent hours yesterday trying to install it and troubleshoot the problem.

Attachments

• PXL_20210502_161533335.jpg
    PXL_20210502_161533335.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20210502_161540281.jpg
    PXL_20210502_161540281.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 8
that sounds like cheap chinese tat...

So you will either have to return it or make a little sensor housing.
I'm thinking if you glue a carboard barrier(or stronger) to the inside of the door that slides over the sensor range, that will stop any chickens breaking the barrier once the door is closed.

Then when the door opens the barrier will lift with the door and the sensor will work as intended.

that sounds like cheap chinese tat...

So you will either have to return it or make a little sensor housing.
I'm thinking if you glue a carboard barrier(or stronger) to the inside of the door that slides over the sensor range, that will stop any chickens breaking the barrier once the door is closed.

Then when the door opens the barrier will lift with the door and the sensor will work as intended.
Hmm I can try that but I suspect it will trigger the sensor while it's going down and it will go back up....

I've figured out that it will only reopen within 10 minutes of closing, after that, it stays shut. Super annoying and I wish I could reprogram it, but at least the girls are already on their roost at the time it closes, so it hasn't been an issue with reopening yet.

I've figured out that it will only reopen within 10 minutes of closing, after that, it stays shut. Super annoying and I wish I could reprogram it, but at least the girls are already on their roost at the time it closes, so it hasn't been an issue with reopening yet.

Sounds like it's a deliberate design feature then, to let birds in that are late to bed.

Back
Top Bottom