help with baby geese - they wont eat?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
got 2 baby geese yesterday but they dont seem to be eating. i have no idea how old they are (there are photos under another post from me in this section)
ive offered gamebird starter, chick starter, hard boiled eggs, grass but they've taken nothing. the seem too big to be newborns, but have no proper feathers yet.

any idea how i can get them to eat?

Last edited:
What are they like -- fearful or calm? Just wondering if they're wild and just scared of captivity.

I'm sure their either eating when you're not there, or they will soon. They'll only go so long without getting so hungry they'll eat, unless they're sick.

I don't really know what exactly to suggest, sounds like you're tried the range of possibilities, but I guess that they won't starve, they'll have to start eating sooner or later.

You can try to float a small bit of crumbles ontop of a small container of water.
It might intice them to try to dabble at them a bit.
You can try clover as well, it seems to be a favorite with mine.
They sound like they are scared and may just need to get used to new surroundings.
I hope they start eating for you soon.
hugs.gif

Get some grass and cut it into small pieces, they love that, or take them on a walk, they will eat as you go. allot of the time geese just don't know there is food in the bowl. You can also take your hand and act like your hand is eating. Seeing something eat, helps. Oat meal ( cooked them cooled) also is a good first food.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom