Help with Barred Rock Roo crosses

Vanessa182

Chirping
Apr 29, 2021
I have a very energetic Barred Rock Roo and a variety of hens. I would love to learn more about what the potential crosses might look like. My hens are: Buff Brahma, RIR, Buff Laced Polish, Lavender Orpington, Golden Cuckoo Marian, and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. Thank you so much! (Also if you have any resources on the subject, I’d love to do my own research too!)

You will end up with mostly black barred chicks. With the laced birds the chicks will have some incomplete lacing. With the lavender the chicks will all be black barred and be split to lavender. With the RIR you will get black patterned red columbian barred.
Look up the chicken color calculator "kippen". It is not perfect, but really fun to play around with the different colors.
Good luck! 😊

I'm currently breeding for sex linked green layers, I have two roosters, one a blue red ameracauna, and a mostly white with black ameracauna/araucauna rooster, over barred rock hens. So far sex linking has been working, there's one barred chick that looks questionable though, it has a huge tail and all my other cockerels hardly have a tail to begin with. Anyways, all pullets have been black and all cockerels have been black barred. Beards are hit and miss in both sexes. Black is really heavy from the BRs. IMG_20210428_162809.jpg IMG_20210428_162901.jpg

Well looks like they’re all black, some with dots on their heads, one without (I think our silver laced polish was involved with that one). The ones that hatched from our RIR have blond-ish faces. Here’s broody and her chicks:

Attachments

• 6668B8C5-1FB1-40D2-B920-5E34ED82E5A0.jpeg
    6668B8C5-1FB1-40D2-B920-5E34ED82E5A0.jpeg
    856.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom