Help with breed and gender please

Nana_07

Chirping
Aug 19, 2019
CC05C263-9FC4-4032-A5D4-EA081BFFC66E.jpeg
8C9D8ADB-9D4B-4D8D-8399-DCD5276BB7E8.jpeg
I’m new to chickens, decided that we would hatch some. It was a great experience for the kids. But now I’m not sure what we’ve ended up, they’re 5 weeks old, I think I have a black copper Marans, possibly a welsummer and maybe barred rocks. Pics may not be the best, they’re active little ones. Any ideas on breeds and sex would be appreciated. Thank you.

I see two barred rock hens and possibly two black sexlink hens(?). Not sure about the black one with the white accents. All beautiful birds!

Where did you get the eggs??
What color legs do the two barred have?
I think you have all mixes... and if they're only 5 weeks, I see 3 cockerels. The barred wouldn't be barred rocks, I think they're black sex links or a bad try at sex linking because their barring is dark, but their comb and wattles are huge for a bird that age. Here are your cockerels:
Capture.JPG

I think you have all mixes... and if they're only 5 weeks, I see 3 cockerels. The barred wouldn't be barred rocks, I think they're black sex links or a bad try at sex linking because their barring is dark, but their comb and wattles are huge for a bird that age. Here are your cockerels:View attachment 1883329
Not sure if you can see the legs from this picture. FC3A846D-AF68-4EFC-AB91-9B4E897FF91A.jpeg

I think you have all mixes... and if they're only 5 weeks, I see 3 cockerels. The barred wouldn't be barred rocks, I think they're black sex links or a bad try at sex linking because their barring is dark, but their comb and wattles are huge for a bird that age. Here are your cockerels:View attachment 1883329
I didn’t see the first question. I ordered the eggs on Amazon. I can’t think of the name of the Hatchery right now. I was surprised we had any hatch, they took a pretty good beating in transit. They all have pretty good temperaments.

Back
Top Bottom