Help with Breed?

That's a black breasted red hen too, good... I asked cuz I raise and breed OEGB's, some color varieties can be bred together and you'll get half and half colors but some will make muddy mixes... but looks like you got same colors so you're set... :)

Oh, nice! She is full grown, but still available for breeding. I like mixed breeds really, I have 3 - they're very pretty. Most of them are cochin + wyandotte mixes, very pretty. I got one that came out almost like a gold brahma! But anyways, thanks for the information. I'm not good with the coloration breeds of chickens.

Yeah, it is nice to know what you're gonna get, especially if it's 100%. The reason I love mixes is the fact that I can tell them a part easier - AKA easier to name. Sometimes I can tell by the faces.

Oh, hm. Mine definitely have different attitudes that's for sure - the trio are rather bossy around other hens. Although, I've noticed from having past Wyandottes, that they are usually superiors of the pecking order, which may be why they're a little bossier.

Last edited:
Haven't had wyandottes, but my Marans are the hardheaded bulldozers here... they just think they can do what they want, whenever they want, lol...

Oh, haha, same with these guys! They are very friendly to people though, just bossy. Wyandottes are nice breeds to have and look beautiful, regardless of their attitude. I love them a lot. Also, I've never heard of the 'Maran' breed. I should look them up sometime.

Last edited:
Oh, pretty! I hope the EE that I have lays green eggs - I've always wanted a chicken that laid those types of eggs, especially Amerucanas.

Back
Top Bottom