Help with breeds

xcalibor67

Chirping
Apr 28, 2017
I think i have nailed down most of the breeds in my recent backyard mix hatching, but would like some opinions on a few. 4/5 week olds. The lighter one is gorgeous, it reminds me of a bald eagle, but ive no idea what breed, much less sex. The lil grey feathered footed one is a bantam cochin, i think? The other one looks like an alien cross between some aquatic creature and a chicken...help.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    846.9 KB · Views: 8
A bantam Cochin looks right to me for the first pic. If the lighter one is bantam sized then definite silver duckwing pullet. If not then Egyptian Fayoumi. I don't know about the third one.

The lighter one is full size. I have a grown EE hen, but it never had the nice color this one has, she was always a typical redish brown mix. The 3rd one is a descendant from the Loch Ness monster..lol

Here is the pics of the lighter one, and the 3rd one above when they were lil..

Attachments

• IMG_0582 (2).JPG
    IMG_0582 (2).JPG
    383.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 4
Agree, Cochin, Easter Egger, and probably Australorp but at this stage may as well be alien/Loch ness. With Australorps I've heard you can tell by the feet if they have black and yellow instead of all black at the bottom of the feet it is an Australorp.

Back
Top Bottom