Help with chick id...

slickchik

Songster
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Southern California
Hello, we recently picked up a chick and we were told that it was a Black Giant but in the last week, the chick has been getting brown feather and I have no idea what it is.

One thing is that this chick acts like a puppy...wants to be held, follows me around, insists on coming in the house and cries until I let it in and it now sleeps at my feet when I watch TV. I have never had a chick like this before...I only hope it is a female
smile.png

Any ideas as to what it is?

chick-2.jpg

chick-1.jpg

It came from a feed store. I was thinking it was a black sexlink myself.

Awww, don't say it's a really bad giant or cross....
wink.png

It is the most unique chick I have ever had. I am seriously considering making it an indoor chicken...

Last edited:
Is that a single comb??

I don't think it's BSl, just because that's a lot of gold in the face. If it's a roo (which that comb is looking awful big) it would look like a barred rock if it were a BSL.
idunno.gif

No, we have 4 other chickens (all hens)...1 white frizzle, 1 red frizzle, 1 rhode island red and 1 buff orpington. We recently got this chick because our barred rock died.

Oh good.
smile.png
I was wondering if the chicken was following you around like a puppy because it was lonely. We've got one like that, too, but she's just overly friendly.

Back
Top Bottom