Help with chicken identification

AlexKilpatrick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 20, 2011
These are from the McMurray "rarest of rare" egg assortment, with breeds listed here. Theoretically, they are definitely one of these breeds.

Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish

Chick 1:

2zJKG.jpg

AdNtC.jpg

He has extremely long legs. My wife thinks he is actually a turkey that somehow got mixed in with my batch. :)

Chick 2:

KHJ6Y.jpg

Any ideas on which breeds these are? Also, any predictions on whether chick 1 is a rooster? It has a top-comb way before any of the other ones.

welcome-byc.gif
The second one appears to be a dark brahma.
smile.png
I am not guessing on the first, so maybe someone else will jump in. Have fun with your chicks!
wee.gif

Last edited:
first one is deff. NOT a turkey. comb is a dead give-away. and i think he's either a bantam cross or just a "mutt chicky" mixed breeds are great to have my neighbors have hundreds of mixed breeds and they love them. no difference in taste of the bird or the eggs. My guess is they are both mixed breeds but very cute none the less.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

First one is a rooster, not sure what breed. Second chick is a Cochin. I think your cochin is a partridge color.

Do Araucanas have green legs I thought only EE's had green legs? otherwise I have no guess on any of them , but the top one appears to be a rooster, and I'm curious about the green legs.......if anyone knows that 1. all my ee's have the pretty green legs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom