Help with chickens

Kjfuller124

Hatching
May 28, 2020
I have chickens given to me and one had a spot the others pecked at and it’s getting worse. I don’t know what to do ?? Also I have baby chickens and ducks And the one chicken has a big chest but only on one side. Looking for answers.

Attachments

• C22721D0-3A8E-4D0C-8572-F84421BBDE66.png
    C22721D0-3A8E-4D0C-8572-F84421BBDE66.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 6
The large bulge in the chest on one side is the crop. Their food boob lol. It's where they store their food after they eat. You'll typically see it enlarged before they roost and itll deflate over night 😊 with the area on your girls back you can try a chicken saddle. They sell them on etsy and it would protect the area from further damage.

Will that help with infection!??
It wouldnt help with infection but it would stop the others from packing at it and inflaming the area. Any time a chicken sees a red spot they'll continue to peck at it, so you'll need to protect the area for it to heal. As for preventing/treating infection theres many topical sprays or creams for it. Some swear by blukote or triple antibiotic ointment (without any -caine products in it). Cant think of the other spray at the moment I've heard a lot about. I've treated a bumble foot infection on my duck with iodine as well.

I have chickens given to me and one had a spot the others pecked at and it’s getting worse
Is this the spot?
1590763967435.png

That looks pretty serious.
Definitely keep her away from the other birds.
Can you get some more pics?

The large bulge in the chest on one side is the crop. Their food boob lol.
:gig

Back
Top Bottom