Help with Chicks - Day 21 and one has hatched so far

AaronA

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Hi - This is the first time we've attempted hatching chicks. We've followed everything down to the letter - kept the incubator at just under 100 degrees and added wanted according to the instructions. We kept the eggs on an automatic turner until day 19. Today is day 21 and we've only had one chick hatch so far (hatched yesterday). The chick is doing fine. However none of the other 13 eggs are peeping or moving. Is this normal? I've read it could take up to day 23 or 24 for the eggs to hatch. Is there anything we can do? I'm concerned since the one chick has hatched and the others haven't that we did something wrong.

welcome-byc.gif
At this point, patience is needed. You have done nothing wrong. Hopefully the rest are just slow hatchers. Good luck.

I had one hatch well in advance of the others. Then three hatched in a row. Hours passed and then a few more hatched. During the night, the rest hatched. It took a couple days for them all to hatch. I had some sit and pick at their pip holes for what seemed like forever, sure they wouldn't hatch and they did!

Fingers crossed; be patient--at this point there isn't much else you can do :)

Day 22 and still no additional hatchings and no signs of new peeps. The chick that did hatch is doing very well. Starting to really worry the rest may not hatch. I've read it can sometimes take upto day 24 or 25 for the chicks to hatch. But is it normal for one to hatch early and the rest to possibly hatch so late?

Back
Top Bottom