Help with day old chicks, no idea what to do!!!

Depending on how many hens you have in the enclosure with Mama and her chicks....Mama wiill usually do her jobb and take care of them. You shouldn't need to take them away and give them a heat lamp unless YOU want to be Mama anrRaise them

Quote:
ok, i think you are talking to me, so sorry if you are not, but i am not the person that you are thinking of, i have tried hatching an abandoned turkey egg(it didn't hatch) but my mom was helping me every step of the way with that one
big_smile.png

I am a total newbie too. Florida's climate is quite a bit different than Canada....
barnie.gif
but--
I just got 7 day olds from MPC a week ago and have (thank goodness) been very successful! We used a long rubbermaid type bin. We has to glue rigid insulation to the outside to maintain the 95 degrees, but will have to remove it by the time we get to 80 degrees. We put pine shavings in the bottom. I got a rodent water bottle with a tab. Not the ball, bit a little prong. It took a couple days for them to move the p[rong enough so I put a water "bowl" in too, but they have it now. A feeder and at day 3 we put in a branch for a perch--they use it already.

That's it!! I am so excited!! Good Luck with yours!!
love.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom