Help with duck eggs (Day 27)

Woke up to two ducklings!! (I believe they are rouens) My other two pipped eggs are still making progress.

Attachments

• 4441891A-9D80-48FA-BCE7-568A8E7BA576.jpeg
    4441891A-9D80-48FA-BCE7-568A8E7BA576.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 13
All eggs have hatched! I’m putting 5 more into lockdown tomorrow. Question... now that they have all hatched I can’t get the humidity down. Vents are open 100% but the gage says oU. Will the ducklings be affected by the high humidity? I plan to put them in the brooder tomorrow.
Yay!!!
I would take everything out and clean the incubator real quick. It's the poops and such that make the humidity go high like that, but you should be able to get it back down by a nice cleaning. Dry it afterwards too. The ducklings will be fine to move to the brooder now though, so if you want to move them that won't hurt a thing.

Yay!!!
I would take everything out and clean the incubator real quick. It's the poops and such that make the humidity go high like that, but you should be able to get it back down by a nice cleaning. Dry it afterwards too. The ducklings will be fine to move to the brooder now though, so if you want to move them that won't hurt a thing.
Ok will do! Thank you so much for all the help you’ve given me during the hatch! It means a lot!! Have a great rest of your day!😊

Sorry for all the questions.. just want the best for my babies!! I purchased the Purina Flock Raiser Crumbles to start them with because my tractor supply had no duck/waterfowl specific feed. It has 20% protein. Is that too much? How would I cut it down? Also, should I supplement niacin in their water or do y’all think it has enough?
This is the feed:

https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/products/detail/purina-flock-raiser-crumbles
This is the place to come with questions. 🙂

20% protein is fine for at least the first 3 weeks, then there's a school of thought that reducing it to around 15-16% may help prevent angel wing. There is vigorous debate about the causes of angel wing, so you would do well to research the threads on the topic, like this one, so you can make an informed decision.

I didn't see the niacin content listed, so would definitely supplement niacin.

Congrats on your ducklings!

Sorry for all the questions.. just want the best for my babies!! I purchased the Purina Flock Raiser Crumbles to start them with because my tractor supply had no duck/waterfowl specific feed. It has 20% protein. Is that too much? How would I cut it down? Also, should I supplement niacin in their water or do y’all think it has enough?
This is the feed:

https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/products/detail/purina-flock-raiser-crumbles
Purina Flockraiser Crumbles are perfect, that's what I use for everything. Ducks/chickens/geese/pheasants/adult quail/guineas, etc. You shouldn't need to supplement with any niacin either, I've used it for ducks many times and never had an issue. I feed it from hatch to adult and haven't had an issue with Angel wing either. I did have issues with Angel wing when feeding Manna Pro duck starter to ducklings though.
I tried Purina duck pellets but my food snobs turned up their bills at it, lol.

Purina Flockraiser Crumbles are perfect, that's what I use for everything. Ducks/chickens/geese/pheasants/adult quail/guineas, etc. You shouldn't need to supplement with any niacin either, I've used it for ducks many times and never had an issue. I feed it from hatch to adult and haven't had an issue with Angel wing either. I did have issues with Angel wing when feeding Manna Pro duck starter to ducklings though.
I tried Purina duck pellets but my food snobs turned up their bills at it, lol.
Do they sell it in a pellet form for when they get bigger? Do you feed something different during laying season?

Back
Top Bottom