Help with duckling temperatures please

BECKDERP

Hatching
Apr 14, 2024
Hi, so I just picked up 2 ducklings about a week old. I've raised chickens with my grandparents growing up so I took a 70 gallon tub, filled it with pine shavings, put a heat lamp in one corner at 90°F, with a waterer and food distributor thing (I don't know all the correct names for stuff). I live in Alabama and the nights are no less than 55°F now, last night was 64°. I have them in my locked shed with the windows open for fresh air (no access to animals, they have metal screens). I have a husky inside so it's hard to keep them in my house so **My question is will they be ok like that or is it still too cold at night? Should I bring them inside and put them in a bedroom with the door shut? Or is that alright?

1000004129.jpg

They are adorable. They need a container they can dunk their heads to keep their nares cleaned out something like this. Put it on a pan to help keep the bedding from getting too wet. These work really well giving the duckling a deep enough bowl to dunk their heads but they can’t climb into them. IMG_2754.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom