Help with Easter Eggers

Also what are they eating? A good chick starter or an all flock feed should be fine, without too many treats.
Any signs of mites or lice? Look at night with a flashlight, around their vents and necks.
Toys and hiding places help too.
I've found 'production reds' of any sort to be prone to feather picking behaviors; watch to see who's doing it.
Mary

They are at an age when getting outside and scratching about will help with boredom. If you can't get them outside bringing in some clumps of sod can help entertain them until you can get them out in a run.
The only reason we haven’t let them outside yet is because we haven’t introduced them to the older ones yet. But I will definitely get some of the sod and bring it in for them

Also what are they eating? A good chick starter or an all flock feed should be fine, without too many treats.
Any signs of mites or lice? Look at night with a flashlight, around their vents and necks.
Toys and hiding places help too.
I've found 'production reds' of any sort to be prone to feather picking behaviors; watch to see who's doing it.
Mary
We just went from chick starter to all flock that we are making ourselves. We don’t give them any treats yet. Mites and lice where the first thing we looked for and haven’t seen any. Thanks I will have to add more for them to hide.

My Olive Egger has this happen. When feathers were coming in it seemed like they “broke skin” or were bleeding a bit. Which caused interest with the other chicks and my Olive Egger (usually from
Boredom). We fixed it with a few things. Blue Kote, on the area, the blue usually isn’t attractive like the red. And it must taste gross. It’s A germacide an antibacterial as well. Also, we added some boredom busters. we got a baby cake, added some more “roosting areas” a little mirror helps as well. She and the others stopped
Messing with it over night! Hope this helps! Best of luck!
I will definitely be getting the blue kote to try thanks! I’m hoping it’s just them getting the new feathers and that this will help deter from the others feather picking

Hmmmm.....that could be part of the problem.
What are the ingredients and protein percentages?
It’s 1 sack of whole grain wheat
1 sack of whole corn
1 sack of whole oats
1/3 sack of soy meal

It’s about 28-30 % protein.

I highly doubt it’s the food because they were like that before we switched it

x2! Is it a really complete diet? hard to do at home...
Mary
It’s 1 sack of whole grain wheat
1 sack of whole corn
1 sack of whole oats
1/3 sack of soy meal

It’s about 28-30 % protein.

I highly doubt it’s the food because they were like that before we switched it

Back
Top Bottom