Help with gender identification

BeginnerCoopMom

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2022
I'm going to preface this with "I don't know what I'm doing and everything I learn is from the internet."

I got a random assortment of chicks (10) from My Pet Chicken, supposed to be all female. They are all about 5 weeks old now, but I'm still not entirely sure what breeds I ended up with, not that it matters too much.

Regardless, I noticed my chicken Dumpling is slightly more dominant than the others, always darts around, and as I type this Dumpling chased off my cat. Compared to the only other chick that looks remotely similar, Dumpling has brighter colored feathers than Donut, and the comb is starting to look more pink than any of the other chicks. Because I don't know the breed (or much of anything) it was hard for me to figure out on my own if Dumpling is a boy or girl.

It's also super hard to take a photo of them, but I did my best.

Donut on Left, Dumpling on right in the image they are together in.

Attachments

• 20220225_113047.jpg
    20220225_113047.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220225_113016.jpg
    20220225_113016.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm going to preface this with "I don't know what I'm doing and everything I learn is from the internet."

I got a random assortment of chicks (10) from My Pet Chicken, supposed to be all female. They are all about 5 weeks old now, but I'm still not entirely sure what breeds I ended up with, not that it matters too much.

Regardless, I noticed my chicken Dumpling is slightly more dominant than the others, always darts around, and as I type this Dumpling chased off my cat. Compared to the only other chick that looks remotely similar, Dumpling has brighter colored feathers than Donut, and the comb is starting to look more pink than any of the other chicks. Because I don't know the breed (or much of anything) it was hard for me to figure out on my own if Dumpling is a boy or girl.

It's also super hard to take a photo of them, but I did my best.

Donut on Left, Dumpling on right in the image they are together in.
You have a pair. The second picture being the cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom