Help with Hen noise

chriscam2

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 27, 2013
I have 3 Silver Lace Wyandotte's and 2 Buff Orpington's. They just started laying eggs a few days ago and we are so excited. But it seems like they are very noisy in the afternoon when they are laying. Before they where laying eggs they where pretty quite. Once they get the hang of egg laying will they quite down? I'm worried because I do not want to upset my neighbors.

Mine seem to be getting noisier the older they get! They are 6 months and quite opinionated. They are laying but don't sing the egg song very often. There are some hens over the fence from our public library and I hear them singing every time we are there! Sorry to say but your neighbors will have to get used to it.

Oye. I was worried that going to be the case. I hope a steady supply of free eggs will make them happy.

Yeah... free eggs every now and then is much of a help.... and tell them how better backyard eggs are and how healthier and more humane for hatchery chickens that die while forced to lay with hormonal food... etc...

Back
Top Bottom