Help with horrible bumble

Soose

Chirping
11 Years
Sep 20, 2010
Long Island
The BYC Forums have always been such a help in the past, I'm hoping for some today.

I have a 1 year old Khaki Campbell girl with a horrible bumbe. She seems to have them frequently, alternating sides, but we've always managed to get through them in the past. This one, not so.
Here's the ususal daily routine we follow;
20 minute soak in epson salt and betadine bath
5 minutes in tricide neo bath
bandage foot with lots of neosporine

And I have her crated inside to keep her from following her flock around on this walnut sized bumble.

I'm at a loss on this one, because I can't find the infection, After pulling the initial scab and ball of pus out, it looks like just inflammed foot.

What ever anyone can offer would be so appreciated. Even to the extent of what to do about this chronic bumble case.

I've never had a duck with bumblefoot, don't know how to treat with the webbing. Did you do a search in the sticky notes?
Those are the posts that are there before you start a new thread. I'm sorry I don't know how to help, but am replying to bump you up.

Have you tried rubbing her foot again & see if anything else came out? Most of the bumble foot posts describe quite a bit of junk, with the persistent redness/swelling, I wonder if there's more gunk in there that needs to be milked out. Also, have you considered getting the duck on antibiotics, maybe the infection is spreading or she got a secondary?

Just some ideas & a bump, hope you can get more responses!!

Bump
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom