1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help with Hovabator turner - yellow & metal racks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fancbrd4me02, Dec 29, 2009.

1. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I usually hand turn all of the eggs I incubate, but I have a turner and have a lot of eggs going in so I want to use it. So, i get it out, and it's supposed to be a turner for any size egg from quail to duck, so there are yellow racks with round holes I assume eggs would be positioned in, but screwed on top of the racks are metal racks. Are those just if I were doing goose or turkey eggs (if I can do goose/turkey)? Do I take those off for chickens & bantams? Because, if I don't the eggs would not be centered in the middle. I'm sure one of you has this turner and can help me out. Thanks

2. scalaway

scalaway Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    I used the same incubator for my chicken eggs...we just had the "yellow" frames in our auto-egg turner. My guess is that you have an extra attachment attached. My egg turner fit our chicken eggs perfectly and worked great-- Hope that helps [​IMG]! Good luck!

3. fancbrd4me02

If yours are yellow with circular depressions/cut-out and it was for the hovabator, then it sounds like yours is the same. I don't know what the metal racks on top are. Thye are like hardware cloth, the length of each rack, mounted on top of them with screws. they are in the shape of a narrow bread loaf pan with no ends. Open on top. It sounds like you are right that I have an attachment of some sort....maybe for goose eggs? Because if the metal thing wasn't on the racks, an egg would fit on each depression on the turner. thqanks for the input.

4. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  5. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Hmmm I just put the goose eggs in the regular egg turner. Works just fine.

6. fancbrd4me02

dbcooper that is it!!! The goose egg turner! Thank you! I will remove the goose rack! Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by