Help with humidity for chicken eggs on the last three days of hatching. Hatch date is 3/30/13. Help!

Will do. Do you know if there is a way to remove egg trays from and egg turner? The model I have has the egg turners all connected to one base and there is only a little strip in between the two trays to set the eggs for the last three days and when the eggs turn they tap the eggs a little bit. Will they still hatch this way or do they have to be completely still?

What model have you got? I don't think it would matter so much if the eggs get tapped a bit, but if they get knocked around too much it could disorientate the chicks.

I see what you mean. So you want to put the lockdown eggs in the middle, between the trays and the trays are knocking them. Would it be tricky to remove at least one of the trays? What does the instructions suggest you do during lockdown?

It kind of looks like you can pinch the ends of each tray and remove from the gray outside but I have no luck getting it out. The only thing the instructions really say is to remove the egg turners for lock down but it is saying the whole set of them. I am trying to get an answer out of the company but have not had any luck.

I did a quick search, but I didn't find anything useful. You should be allowed to remove only one tray at a time IMO. If the tray won't budge I think place the eggs in the middle and see how severe the bumps are and if it's serious we'll have to think some more.

I know, right....or at least one side of trays or the other in this actual incubator. The turner's are set to go off in about 26 minutes, they have been in the middle since yesterday, so maybe I will try to get a video of it or at least see how bad they are bumping them.

I thought about just putting all of the other eggs on the bottom for the next three days and turning them manually so I could take the whole turner out but I'm not sure how that works if you take them from sitting up and lay them on their sides and then put them back in the turners later.

I thought about just putting all of the other eggs on the bottom for the next three days and turning them manually so I could take the whole turner out but I'm not sure how that works if you take them from sitting up and lay them on their sides and then put them back in the turners later.
I was actually thinking that would be an option. You know what you can do? Put them in egg cartons and tilt the cartons by placing something under one side. It will take you a few seconds each time so you won't risk the humidity for the hatching eggs too much. That way they can stay upright and you can put them back in the turner when the first batch is done hatching.

The turning trays were rolling the eggs a little back and forth. I took all of the other eggs out of the turner and put them in egg cartons, messed with the trays some more and got one of the rows out so that there is more room for the 4 eggs in the middle. Now to let the thermometer and humidity reading recalculate and the other eggs should still be turning themselves and the eggs in the middle won't get bumped around. Hoping this works and everything is still good.

Back
Top Bottom