1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with ID chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Heather08, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Heather08

Heather08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    I got these straight run chicks from TSC, couple days old, the "B" tub, forget at the moment, fuzzy legs. I just raised to 6 weeks ... 2 ameracanua(sp?) and 3 RIR and 2 Silver something or others all pullets, but I was weak when in TSC yesterday getting a bag of feed and came home with 4 straight run chicks... I jsut moved my others inot the barn coop mansion that we built last weekend, 2 brooder lamps and visqueen the while coop still a little chilly at night here in NC.

Back to the new ones , what are they number 1 AND 2 ARE super TEENY, SMALLER then 3 and 4 the fuzzy legged ones, number 2 is a dilutish color but reminds me of the amera... but 1/2 the size...

on to the pics sorry tey are blurry my digital is hard to figure out, i will mess with digital and see if I can figure out how to get it to work on close up pics.

1# yellow teeny!! with 2 light black dots on top of head.

[​IMG]

2# the teeny ameracauna look alike.. I cant explain how small this thing is.

[​IMG]

3# Fuzzy legs , i thought it looked like a calico cat , multi color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4 Deep rich colors fuzzy legs, love the pattern on it baby fuzz, pics dont do it justice

[​IMG]

Then the big question will be the sexes at some point.

2. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I am not sure about #1.
    #2 looks like a silver duckwing pattern, so probably a silver old english bantam
    #3 looks like a partridge cochin bantam, I say that because of the white belly and brown face
    #4 looks like a golden laced cochin bantam

3. legacyln

legacyln Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Jefferson City, MO
    I can see why you were weak-- Gorgeous!

4. Heather08

Heather08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks these guys are so teeny compared to my last group, I hope to get all these guys friendly, only 2 maybe 3 out of my last 7 are friendly and would fly into my lap in the bathroom, the other 4 are very flightly, dont like attention. I hope to make all these guys friendly ,but then im afraid to get attached too. Im worried about having roosters, but I guess we will be OK , I can always make another coop , LOL we have plently of barn and land for it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by