Help with incubator

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by meendog10, Mar 10, 2015.

1. meendog10

meendog10 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hi this is my first time incubating pheasants. Can someone tell me hoe to use this incubator and how to adjust temp and humidity etc. What temp and humidity do ringneck pheasant eggs need? Thanks

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Didn't it come with directions?
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    What type of incubator are you using ?? For Ringnecks try a temp of 99.8 F and 62% dry bulb humidity for the 1st 21 days. If you bought it new it should have the directions on how to set and adjust in the box.

4. aaronclements8

aaronclements8 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2015
    Georgia
    I would suggest getting a new incubator. That looks to be an eggcubator which is very unreliable and is based out of China so customer service isn't great. Go with a Brinsea!

5. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    I don't think brinsea is the best for the $. Try going online and getting instructions, hopefully someone will have posted a face book video on using that incubator. If you have concerns about its reliability, run it for a week or so without eggs in it to see if it holds temp,ect. A lot of people have really good luck with even the cheap styrofoam incubators. Its really not necessary to spend $500 to hatch eggs, its just that us lazy types like the convenience of auto turn,auto humidity, and the other bells & whistles that come with the more expensive models.

6. aaronclements8

aaronclements8 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2015
    Georgia
    He is right it's not necessary to have an expensive incubator but it's well worth the money. I have hatched plenty of chicks out of my little giant and I still do! If you have the time to check the temp regularly and fill the water trough (which are a pain with the egg turner) then you will have good hatches. I've found that chickens hatch much better in the cheaper incubators than game birds and ornamental fowl do though! If you're looking to get into game birds and ornamental fowl like mandarins and lady amhersts I very strongly recommend getting a Brinsea! They are much easier to use!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by