Help with incubator

meendog10

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 21, 2015

Hi this is my first time incubating pheasants. Can someone tell me hoe to use this incubator and how to adjust temp and humidity etc. What temp and humidity do ringneck pheasant eggs need? Thanks

What type of incubator are you using ?? For Ringnecks try a temp of 99.8 F and 62% dry bulb humidity for the 1st 21 days. If you bought it new it should have the directions on how to set and adjust in the box.

I don't think brinsea is the best for the $. Try going online and getting instructions, hopefully someone will have posted a face book video on using that incubator. If you have concerns about its reliability, run it for a week or so without eggs in it to see if it holds temp,ect. A lot of people have really good luck with even the cheap styrofoam incubators. Its really not necessary to spend $500 to hatch eggs, its just that us lazy types like the convenience of auto turn,auto humidity, and the other bells & whistles that come with the more expensive models.

He is right it's not necessary to have an expensive incubator but it's well worth the money. I have hatched plenty of chicks out of my little giant and I still do! If you have the time to check the temp regularly and fill the water trough (which are a pain with the egg turner) then you will have good hatches. I've found that chickens hatch much better in the cheaper incubators than game birds and ornamental fowl do though! If you're looking to get into game birds and ornamental fowl like mandarins and lady amhersts I very strongly recommend getting a Brinsea! They are much easier to use!

Back
Top Bottom