Help with Leahy Incubator...Not heating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by beckyrubio, Aug 9, 2010.

1. beckyrubio

beckyrubio New Egg

Aug 9, 2010
    I noticed a post some time ago and the same incubator I just purchased from craiglist. The link below is the exact same one except mine holds 600 eggs. Ive read the instruction manual over & over agin and it sais that the element will not feel hot. It dont.
    The fan works fine, it cuts off & on when you reach a certain point on the wafer. The bulb works fine. The light in the front flickers and it has a fuse right next to the light bulb which I checked and it was good. It does look like someone bought a heating element and put it on the top part of one of the sides that lift up. The guy I bought it from didnt tell me nothing about it. I was thinking about buying a new heating element but I dont know where I could find one locally. Does anyone know where I could find one. It has a coil heating element.
    and a round heating element. I did notice something different from the link below and mine the 6th photo there is a switch, mine dont have. Does anyone know what I could do and buy to get this thing up & running. I was thinking about buying a small incubator from the feed store and using the parts off that one.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=345520

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by