Help with Muscovy hatch?

Well I just candled and all but 2 (out of 13) I could see embryos! I am going to give the others a few more days to be safe and re-check them! :)

Just rechecked them and the two questionable ones are developing also! YAY! :) Thanks again for the help! Fingers crossed for the rest of the incubation period and hatching!!

Update time! So over a week ago I had a little misshap....my son opened the incubator and I did not realize until about 4 hours later.....LUCKILY, none of my eggs seemed harmed even though they were cool to the touch and the temp read 70! So I still have 13 eggs going strong! Lockdown is on the 2nd, and they are due the 7th! So now my question is, should I leave them in the Brinsea Eco 20 for lockdown? Or should I use my Hovabator Genisis 1588 for hatching? They would have more room, and I can see what is going on better in the Hovabator. Also, what do you guys think is the ideal humidity for lockdown/hatching?

On a brooder note, I have been collecting plastic jugs as waterers, bought my shavings, chick grit & unmedicated chick starter yesterday. I also have Brewers Yeast with Garlic, electrolytes, and all of the other goodies on hand. I ordered heat plates from Premier 1 to try with them for heat, but always have heat lamps also if they don't take to the plates.

Can you tell I am super excited?!
big_smile.png
I really hope all goes well. I also breed rabbits and have been going though a lot of heartache with them recently, so REALLY need a pick me up. I don't think I have ever been so excited for eggs in my many years of hatching (chickens before). My husband is convinced these will be the most spoiled ducks of all time LOL!

Well incase anyone is checking in on this still all 13 candled well and were put into lockdown in the Hovabator. I lined it with shelf liner over the wire. Humidity is at 65%. Hoping for a good hatch! Wish me luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom