Help with my new Roo, hens beating him up!

krebolo125

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 25, 2011
I need some advice, I adopted a rooster who is 5 months old and very well socialized and came from a very nice home. He is so sweet and gentle and quite large, he is a Wyandotte. I have 2 Plymouth Barred hens, 2 Dominques hens that are not too bad to him ( all 1 year old) but then I have 2 Naked necks, I call them double trouble, one Polish and a Cochin Frizzle all pullets 5 months old same as the roo and these four are terrible to him including the tiny Frizzle!!

My poor roo runs and hides from them, which makes me happy that he is not aggressive, but I need some suggestions on how to better integrate him. The poor guy is getting jumped on and feathers ripped out!

We have only had him 4 days and I keep separating him but can't do this forever.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

When ever your Hens try and beat up the new Roo, Hold their necks down for about 30 seconds until completely calm. They will struggle but you need to let them know who is boss. I know you could be afraid to do this but it does work, and does not make the chickens afraid of you.

I have to do this to my Buff Orpington when she is beating my Golden Sebright up.

Back
Top Bottom