1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help with my roosters eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bkwurth, May 15, 2011.

1. bkwurth

bkwurth Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    My rooster's eye has something on it. He can move it down just a little but can't see out of it. Please let me know if you know what it is or what I should do for him. I'm not sure if it is an injury or disease. Thank you for any information. Kathy
    This thing is in front of his eye, I can see his eye behind it. I think it may be something wrong with one of his lids. Have any of you ever seen this?

[​IMG]

Sorry I don't know how to post a pic.
    Can someone please tell me real quick how to post a pic? I have it on my computer just not sure how to get it in my post
    Please help, I need to show ya'll my chickens poor eye.
    Thank you
    Kathy

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    The easiest way I know, if you don't use a hosting site...is to upload it to your profile on BYC and right click, it should say, "copy image location" From there, just paste that into your post, highlight it and hit the "Img" button.
    I hope he's okay!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Try flushing with saline solution, then apply terramycin eye ointment according to the directions on the label.

4. bkwurth

Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks you guys! I got the picture to post. Could it be something wrong with his lid? It will move down a little and it seems kinda thick. It looks kinda yellow in the picture but it is white. Thank you for any help. Kathy
    P.S. He is acting fine. He's eating, drinking, mating, etc. He acts no different. Seems fine other than the eye.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. Miyashi

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I have no idea. [​IMG]
    I hope someone around here knows.
    <3 Best of luck. Glad he's doing well other than the eye issue.

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I hope it isn't eyeworm.... that is really a drag... Flush it and post another pic.

7. bkwurth

Jan 24, 2011
    Quote:thanks Dawg! I don't have the saline wash but I do have the terramycin I'll go ahead and start it tonight. Thanks again, Kathy

8. bkwurth

Jan 24, 2011
    Quote:Thank you so much, I'm not new to computers and felt kinda stupid having to tell everyone I couldn't upload a picture to the site. lol

9. bkwurth

Jan 24, 2011
    Quote:Thanks Geebs, I looked up eyeworm and I don't think that's it. His eye doesn't seem grey. It's more like the white thing is in front of his eye.

10. Miyashi

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Quote:Thank you so much, I'm not new to computers and felt kinda stupid having to tell everyone I couldn't upload a picture to the site. lol

Happy to help, hopefully it can get you some help with your Roo! <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by